Check your battery charge
- Swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center and see the battery percentage.
- Tap the battery percentage and then drag the Power Reserve slider to use Power Reserve.
- Tap the battery percentage to check the battery charge for your connected AirPods.
- On some watch faces, you can add a battery complication.
- On your iPhone, you can add a battery widget to show any connected Apple Watch.
- When your Apple Watch is charging in Nightstand mode, tap to check the battery percentage.
Charge your Apple Watch
If your battery is low, you'll see on the screen of your Apple Watch. To charge your Apple Watch:
- Handle your Apple Watch and accessories safely and always take off your watch before charging it.
- Plug the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable or Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock into its USB power adapter.
- Plug the adapter into a power outlet. You can also plug the charging cable into a USB port.
- Position the back of your Apple Watch on the charger. The charger's magnets align your Apple Watch, and you'll see on your watch face.
- Give your Apple Watch time to charge. While your device is charging, your Apple Watch goes into Nightstand mode.
Get help if your Apple Watch won't charge.
Use Power Reserve
Power Reserve lets you see the time on your Apple Watch while preserving your battery life. While your Apple Watch is in Power Reserve, press the side button to show the current time. In Power Reserve, your Apple Watch and iPhone won't communicate, and you can't access other watch features.
Turn on Power Reserve
When your battery drops to 10 percent, your Apple Watch alerts you and asks if you want to use Power Reserve. When the battery gets too low, your watch automatically enters Power Reserve, and appears next to the time. Learn how to maximize your battery life and lifespan.
To turn on Power Reserve:
- Swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center.
- Tap the battery percentage.
- Drag the Power Reserve slider, then tap Proceed.
Turn off Power Reserve
To turn off Power Reserve:
- Press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
- Wait for your Apple Watch to restart. You might need to charge your Apple Watch first.