Before you begin
- Make sure that your smart TV supports the Apple TV app. To check, go to the apps section on your smart TV and look for the Apple TV app. You can also search your smart TV's app store for the Apple TV app to see if it's available. If you don't see the Apple TV app, contact the manufacturer to see if your smart TV supports it.
- Have your Apple ID and password ready. If you don't have an Apple ID, you can create one. You need an Apple ID to use the Apple TV app.
Set up the Apple TV app
- Open the Apple TV app and select Start Watching.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign In.
- From here, you can sign in with your Apple ID and complete setup in two ways:
- Sign In On Mobile Device: Use the camera on your phone to scan the QR code on the TV screen. Then follow the instructions on your mobile device to sign in with your Apple ID and finish set up.
- Sign In On This TV: Use the remote that came with your TV to manually sign in with your Apple ID and complete setup.
To add additional Apple ID Accounts for purchasing content, go to Settings > Accounts.
Use the Apple TV app
Browse content that you can buy or rent, discover something new, and subscribe to TV channels — all in the Apple TV app.
Find movie and TV show suggestions picked just for you, dedicated selections based on everything you watch, and discover more of what you love.
Subscribe to just the channels that you watch, without downloading any apps, and watch content from those channels right inside the Apple TV app.
Store availability and features might vary by country or region. See what you can buy in your country or region.
Reset the Apple TV app
You can restore the Apple TV app to its orginal settings, remove all of your personal information, and sign out of all accounts. Just go to Settings > Reset.
To use the Apple TV app, you'll need to set it up again.
If you're signed in to a smart TV that you no longer have access to
If you're signed in to the Apple TV app with your Apple ID on someone else's smart TV or a smart TV that you no longer have access to, follow these steps to sign out.
On your Mac or PC:
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Scroll down to devices and select your smart TV.
- Select Remove from account.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Scroll down and tap your smart TV.
- Tap Remove from Account.