Apple Gift Card
The front of your Apple Gift Card shows a colorful Apple logo on a white background. The pattern might look different from the image that you see here, because Apple Gift Cards are available with a range of designs. On the back of these cards, you'll find text that says that the card can be used for products, accessories, apps, games, music, movies, TV shows, iCloud, and more.
Apple Gift Cards are available only in the United States, Canada, and Australia.
Apple Store Gift Cards
Apple Store Gift Cards are a solid color (gray, white, silver, or gold) on the front. On the back of these cards, you'll find:
- A link to a website where you can check your gift card's balance.
- Text that says that the card can only be used in the Apple Online Store or Retail Store, or that you can't redeem the card in the iTunes Store.
- A phone number that you can call if you need help.
In most countries and regions, you can use an Apple Store Gift Card in an Apple Store or at apple.com. In France, Germany, Singapore, and Switzerland, Apple Store Gift Cards can be used only in an Apple Store, not on apple.com.
App Store & iTunes Gift Cards
Most App Store & iTunes Gift Cards are blue with a pattern on the front. On the back of these cards, you'll find:
- A 16-digit redemption code that begins with X.
- Text that says that the card can be used for apps, games, music, movies, TV shows, books, and iCloud.
If you received an App Store & iTunes Gift Card via email, the email says that you can redeem the card in the App Store and iTunes Store.
App Store Top-Up card
The App Store Top-Up card is available only in China mainland. Learn how to redeem this card.
Older gift cards
If your card looks different from the cards above, it might be an older card, but you can still redeem it. Just follow the steps on the back of the card.
Here are some examples of older gift cards:
- If you still aren’t sure what type of card you have, contact Apple Support using the instructions on the back of your card.
- Learn what to do if you see a message that says your card is not valid, not properly activated, or has already been redeemed.
- If you can't read your redemption code because it's scratched or damaged, contact Apple Support.