Apple Business Essentials User Guide
- Intro to federated authentication
- Intro to Google Workspace
- Use federated authentication with Google Workspace
- Intro to Microsoft Azure AD
- Use federated authentication with MS Azure AD
- Resolve Apple ID conflicts
- Get notified about user name conflicts
- Change a user’s domain information
- Transfer Apple services when federating
- Add or reset verification phone numbers
- Intro to purchasing content
- Review content payment and billing information
- Select and purchase content
- Configure app installation and removal
- Monitor app installation status and license tracking
- Learn about Custom Apps
- Manage content tokens
- Transfer licenses
- Migrate content tokens
- Invite VPP purchasers
- Plan for migration to Apps
- Device workflow
- Enrollment methods
- Manage device suppliers
- View device information
- Get device order progress reports
- Add devices from Apple Configurator
- Intro to configuring settings
- AirDrop settings
- AirPlay settings
- AirPrint settings
- App Access settings
- Application Layer Firewall settings
- Certificate settings
- Content Caching settings
- Configure a Custom setting
- Data Management settings
- Energy Saver settings
- FileVault settings
- Gatekeeper settings
- iCloud settings
- Lock Screen settings
- Password and Screen Lock settings
- Software Update settings
- VPN settings
- Web Clip settings
- Web Filter settings
- Wi-Fi settings
- Edit a setting
- Apply Collections
- Document revision history
Configure an AirDrop setting in Apple Business Essentials
AirDrop allows users to quickly drop documents, photos, contacts, and more to other Apple devices that are nearby.
In some cases you may want to limit the ability to use AirDrop on Mac computers. For example, you may not want users to share their work files with other users.
See Use AirDrop on your Mac to send files to devices near you in the macOS User Guide.
In Apple Business Essentials, sign in with a user that has the role of Administrator.
Select Settings in the sidebar, then select All Settings.
This setting is available only for macOS.
Select the Add button next to AirDrop , then do one or both of the following:
Restrict the use of AirDrop.
Restrict the sharing of passwords over AirDrop.