Pair or unpair a Bluetooth accessory
- Put your Bluetooth accessory in pairing mode using the instructions that came with it.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth. Your Apple TV will search for nearby Bluetooth accessories.
- Choose your Bluetooth accessory.
- If asked, enter a four-digit code or PIN. On your Apple TV, your accessory should now appear in My Devices.
To unpair, select your accessory, then select Unpair Device.
If you can't pair a Bluetooth accessory or if it loses connectivity
Follow these steps. After each step, see if you still need help.
- Make sure that you're in range of your Apple TV and there isn't interference in the area.
- Check that your accessory is fully charged and powered on.
- Make sure that the software on your Bluetooth accessory and your Apple TV is up to date. For example, if you have Beats wireless headphones, check for firmware updates.
- Move your Apple TV to a different location near your television.
- Look for your accessory in Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth. If you see it but you can’t connect to it, use the steps above to unpair your accessory. Then try to pair it again.
- If you need more help connecting or using a Bluetooth accessory with your Apple TV, contact the manufacturer of the accessory.
Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD ship with the same remote everywhere. In countries and regions that support Siri, the remote is called Siri Remote. Elsewhere, it's called Apple TV Remote. Siri works on either remote as long as your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD is set up with a language and country or region that supports Siri.