What you need
Centre Stage works with these iPad models and Mac computers:
- iPad Air (5th generation)
- iPad Pro 12.9-inch (5th generation or later)
- iPad Pro 11-inch (3rd generation or later)
- iPad (9th generation or later)
- iPad mini (6th generation)
- Compatible Mac computers connected to Studio Display
You can use Centre Stage during a FaceTime call and when you're using other compatible video apps.
How to turn Centre Stage on or off
- During a video call in FaceTime, or when using video in a compatible app, open Control Centre by swiping down from the top-right edge of your screen on iPad, or click the Control Centre icon in the menu bar on Mac.
- Tap or click the Video Effects button .
- Tap or click the Centre Stage button to turn it on or off.
On iPad, you can also control Centre Stage during a FaceTime call by tapping the video thumbnail of yourself, then tapping the Centre Stage button .
Find out how to use FaceTime to make video and audio calls from your iPad or Mac.