Need a different country or region?
After you’ve contacted Apple for a service, you’ll receive a kit that contains everything you need to return your product to Apple.
Before you pack your AirPods Max
- Remove the ear cushions from your AirPods Max.
Pack your AirPods Max
- Place each ear piece in a separate bag.
- Rotate the ear pieces so they face downwards and place the AirPods Max into the moulded plastic insert. Then place the top on the white box.
- Place the white box in the brown box.
- Close the brown box.
- Tape the brown box closed.*
- Place the battery sticker on the brown box.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage sustained during delivery.
Ship your AirPods Max to Apple
- If a return shipping label is included, place it on the outside of the packaging. If applicable, make sure the return shipping label completely covers the old shipping label, or that you remove the old shipping label before applying the new shipping label.
- If a commercial invoice is included, place it on the outside of the packaging. Failure to put the commercial invoice on the outside of the packaging may render the package undeliverable. Commercial invoices are only necessary in some European countries.
- Find the name of the courier on the label (or elsewhere in the packing materials) and visit its website to arrange a collection or find a drop-off location.
- Ask the courier for proof of collection.
- Check the status of your service request.
Use your replacement AirPods Max
Your replacement Apple product is covered by a 90-day service warranty, or the remainder of your original product warranty or AppleCare plan, whichever is longer. Consumer law will also apply to your replacement product where available.
- Place your ear cushions on your AirPods Max. Make sure you align the left (L) cushion to your left ear and the right (R) cushion to your right ear and that the L and R appear right-side up when you're looking at your headphones upright. If your cushions are installed on the wrong side or upside down, your AirPods Max won't perform the way they should.
- Set up your AirPods Max.
© 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries and regions. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries and regions. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.