After you’ve contacted Apple for a service, you’ll receive a kit that contains everything you need to return your product to Apple.
Before you pack your AirPods Max
- Remove the ear cushions from your AirPods Max.
Pack your AirPods Max
- Place each ear piece in a separate bag.
- Rotate the ear pieces so they face downwards and place the AirPods Max into the moulded plastic insert. Then place the top on the white box.
- Place the white box in the brown box.
- Close the brown box.
- Tape the brown box closed.*
- Place the battery sticker on the brown box.
- Remove the top label from the brown box. This is your receipt. Make sure the return delivery label remains on the box.
*Apple is not responsible for any damage sustained during delivery.
Ship your AirPods Max to Apple
- Find the name of the courier on the return delivery label.
- Visit the courier’s website to schedule a pick-up or find a drop-off location.
- Get a receipt from the courier.
- Check the status of your service request.
Use your replacement AirPods Max
Your replacement Apple product is covered by a 90-day service warranty, or the remainder of your original product warranty or AppleCare plan, whichever is longer. Consumer law will also apply to your replacement product where available.
- Place your ear cushions on your AirPods Max. Make sure you align the left (L) cushion to your left ear and the right (R) cushion to your right ear and that the L and R appear right-side up when you're looking at your headphones upright. If your cushions are installed on the wrong side or upside down, your AirPods Max won't perform the way they should.
- Set up your AirPods Max.
© 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and iTunes are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries and regions. AppleCare is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries and regions. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
1. An estimate as required (section 9844 of the California Business and Professions Code) for repairs shall be given to the customer by the service dealer in writing, and the service dealer may not charge for work done or parts supplied in excess of the estimate without prior consent of the customer. Where provided in writing, the service dealer may charge a reasonable fee for services provided in determining the nature of the malfunction in preparation of a written estimate for repair. For information, contact the Bureau of Electronic and Appliance Repair, Department of Consumer Affairs, Sacramento, CA 95814, USA.
2. A buyer of this product in California has the right to have this product serviced or repaired during the warranty period. The warranty period will be extended for the number of whole days that the product has been out of the buyer’s hands for warranty repairs. If a defect exists within the warranty period, the warranty will not expire until the defect has been repaired.
The warranty period will also be extended if the warranty repairs have not been performed due to delays caused by circumstances beyond the control of the buyer, or if the warranty repairs did not remedy the defect and the buyer notifies the manufacturer or seller of the failure of the repairs within 60 days of them being completed.
If, after a reasonable number of attempts, the defect has not been repaired, the buyer may return this product for a replacement or a refund subject, in either case, to deduction of a reasonable charge for usage. This time extension does not affect the protections or remedies the buyer has under other law.