To view Control Centre, click the Control Centre icon in the menu bar.
Click an item in Control Centre to see additional controls for that item. For example, click Wi-Fi to choose from a list of nearby networks, click Sound to choose an audio device, or click Display to see options for Dark Mode, Night Shift or True Tone.
If you prefer an item to appear on its own in the menu bar, just drag it from Control Centre to the menu bar:
Control Centre is available by upgrading to macOS Big Sur or later.
How to customise Control Centre
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Dock & Menu Bar.
- Select an item in the sidebar.
- Use the controls to choose whether to show the item in the menu bar, in Control Centre or both.
- Some items always appear in Control Centre. Other items, such as Accessibility Shortcuts, Battery and Fast User Switching, can be added or removed.
- Some items, such as Do Not Disturb and Sound, can be set to show in the menu bar always or only when active.
- The preview area on the right shows the fixed position of each item in Control Centre.