Check in the Find My app
- Open the Find My app.
- Tap Items.
- Find the AirTag and tap the name of the AirTag.
- The serial number appears under the name.
Hold the AirTag near your smartphone
- Tap and hold the top of your iPhone or NFC-capable smartphone1 to the white side of the AirTag.
- Tap the notification that appears.
- A web page opens, showing the serial number.
Look under the battery
- Press down on the polished stainless steel battery cover of the AirTag and rotate anticlockwise until the cover stops rotating.
- Remove the cover and battery.2
- Find the serial number printed inside the AirTag.
- Replace the battery with the positive side up. When you hear a sound, that means the battery is connected.
- Replace the cover by aligning the three tabs on the cover with the three slots on your AirTag.
- Press down on the cover.
- Rotate the cover clockwise until it stops rotating.
1. If you don't have an iPhone, your smartphone’s NFC reader may be in a different place.
2. Warning: AirTag, the battery cover and the battery may present a choking hazard or cause other injury to small children. Keep these items away from small children.