Clear the microphone
- Remove any screen protectors, films or cases from your iPod touch.
- Clear any debris from the openings of your iPod touch.
If Siri can't hear you
- Open the Voice Memos app.
- Tap the Record button , speak at the back of your iPod touch, then stop the recording.
- When you play back the memo, you should hear your voice clearly.
- If you don't hear your voice clearly, contact Apple Support.
If the microphone doesn't work in a specific app
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone.
- Make sure that the app is enabled.
- If the app has permission to access your microphone, or if it isn't listed, contact the app developer.
FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions.