Make sure your iPhone has the latest version of iOS. If your iPhone is up to date with the latest version of iOS, follow these steps – checking CarPlay after each step:
- Check your connection to your CarPlay stereo:
- If you have a wired connection, try connecting again with a different USB cable to a different USB port if you have one.
- If you have a wireless connection, make sure Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled under Settings > Wi-Fi and Settings > Bluetooth.
- If CarPlay isn't activated automatically, look for the CarPlay logo on your car's display.
- Restart your iPhone and your car.
- Make sure Siri is on.
- If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure CarPlay is enabled.
- Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car and then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.
- Make sure your CarPlay stereo is using the latest firmware from the car manufacturer. Check your car's manual for more information.
If you are still having issues connecting to CarPlay, contact Apple Support.