If you experience the above issue, follow these steps:
- Make sure the progress bar on your iPhone screen hasn't moved for at least one hour.
- If the progress bar hasn't moved for more than one hour, connect your device to a computer, then put your device into recovery mode by following these steps:
- iPhone 8 and later: press and release the Volume up button. Press and release the Volume down button, then press and hold the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus: press and hold both the Volume down button and the Sleep/Wake button. Keep holding the Volume down button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 6s and earlier: press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery mode screen.
- When you're prompted to update or restore in iTunes, choose Update. This will update your device to the latest version of iOS. If you choose Restore, it will erase your iPhone.