Search for a channel in the Apple TV app to see films, TV programmes and other content that you can watch with a subscription. Pricing varies by channel. You can see details about the trial, monthly price and renewal terms before confirming your subscription. In addition to subscribing to Apple TV channels, you can subscribe to Apple TV+ to watch original stories from the most creative minds in TV and film.
The Apple TV app and Apple TV channels availability may vary by country or region. Find out more about what’s available in your country or region.
Here's what you need
Make sure you have one of the following devices:
- An iPhone or iPod touch with the latest version of iOS
- An iPad with the latest version of iPadOS
- A Mac with the latest version of macOS
- An Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD with the latest version of tvOS
- An Apple TV (3rd generation) with Apple TV Software Update 7.3 or later
- A smart TV or streaming device that supports the Apple TV app
Find Apple TV channels
On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, open the Apple TV app, then tap Watch Now at the bottom of the screen. On your Mac, Apple TV, smart TV or streaming device, open the Apple TV app, then select Watch Now at the top of the screen.
Scroll down to Try Apple TV channels, or go to Search to find a specific channel.
The Apple TV app and Apple TV channels availability may vary by country and region, and specific channels may not be available in every country or region.
Subscribe or start a free trial
Select a channel you want to subscribe to, or start a free trial. When your trial ends, your Apple ID will be charged.
If you’re using Family Sharing and someone in your family group subscribes to an Apple TV channel, you’ll see a message stating that you already have access to that channel.
Sign in with your Apple ID
You may be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. Make sure you sign in with the Apple ID you use for App Store and iTunes Store purchases.
If you don't have an Apple ID, follow the prompts to create one. If you’ve forgotten your Apple ID or you're not sure if you have one, find out what to do.
If you're asked for a verification code, you have two-factor authentication set up for your Apple ID. Find out more about two-factor authentication and what to do if you still can’t sign in.
Confirm your billing information
You may be asked to confirm your billing information and you may need to add a valid payment method.
If prompted, agree to the terms and conditions.
Watch on all of your devices, online or offline
You can stream content2 included with your channel subscription in the Apple TV app, without having to download an app. And you can access your subscription on any device that's signed in to the TV app with your Apple ID.
If you're part of a Family Sharing group, your family can stream content from each channel on up to 3 devices at the same time.2 Some channels may allow you to stream on more than 3 devices simultaneously. Find out more about using Family Sharing to share purchases.
In addition to watching your subscription in the Apple TV app, you may be able to sign in to a channel's website or app with the same Apple ID you use in the Apple TV app to watch content.
Download content from a channel
On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you can download selected TV programmes and films from a channel in the Apple TV app to watch offline. Just go to the channel's page in the Apple TV app or search for a film or TV programme that you want to download. Then tap the download icon next to an episode or film.
To find and play your downloads, go to the Library tab and tap Downloaded.
- Join Apple TV+ to stream all-new Apple Originals – ad-free and on demand.
- Watch films, TV programmes and live content in the Apple TV app.
- Buy films and TV programmes and watch them anywhere with the Apple TV app.
- You may be able to sign in to the Apple TV app with your pay TV or cable provider to access on-demand programming and additional content from your cable provider.
- Find out how to cancel Apple TV channel subscriptions.
- You can watch all content on demand and ad-free. Selected on-demand shows from CBS may include promotional interruptions. Some channels may also allow you to stream live TV, which can include adverts. Channels that allow you to watch live TV in the Apple TV app may require Location Services to be turned on for your device.
- You may not be able to stream content from some channels if you're travelling abroad. Download the films or TV programmes you want to watch before leaving your current country or region.