Are my Powerbeats Pro waterproof?
Your Powerbeats Pro earbuds are sweat and water resistant*, but not sweatproof or waterproof. If your Powerbeats Pro earbuds come into contact with any liquid, including sweat from a workout, wipe them down with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth.
The charging case is not waterproof, sweatproof, sweat resistant or water resistant, so be careful not to get moisture in any openings. Before you place your Powerbeats Pro earbuds in the charging case, make sure your Powerbeats Pro earbuds and charging case are both clean, dry and free of dust.
Sweat and water resistance are not permanent conditions. Resistance may decrease as a result of normal wear.
Here's how to prevent damage to your Powerbeats Pro caused by contact with liquid:
- Don't swim or bathe with Powerbeats Pro.
- Don't expose Powerbeats Pro to pressurised water or high-velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wakeboarding, surfing or jet skiing.
- Don't use Powerbeats Pro in a sauna or steam room.
- Don't intentionally submerge Powerbeats Pro in water.
- Don't operate Powerbeats Pro in extremely humid conditions.
- Don't drop Powerbeats Pro or subject it to other impacts.
- Don't disassemble Powerbeats Pro.
*Powerbeats Pro earbuds have a water resistance rating of IPX4 under IEC standard 60529. The Powerbeats Pro charging case is not water resistant.
What should I do if my Powerbeats Pro get wet?
If your Powerbeats Pro earbuds or charging case have been exposed to a liquid, don't charge your Powerbeats Pro until both the earbuds and the case are completely dry. Charging when wet may damage your Powerbeats Pro earbuds and case.
Don't expose your Powerbeats Pro to soap, detergent, acids or acidic foods, or any liquid – for example, salt water, soapy water, swimming pool water, perfume, insect repellent, lotion, sun cream, oil, adhesive remover, hair dye and solvents. If your Powerbeats Pro come into contact with any of these substances, here's how you should clean them.