- Put your AirPods in their charging case and close the lid.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Open the lid of your charging case.
- On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the More Info button next to your AirPods. (If you can't see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth, just go to the next step.)
- Tap Forget This Device, and tap again to confirm.
- With the lid open, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds, until the status light flashes amber, then white.*
- Reconnect your AirPods: with your AirPods in their charging case and the lid open, place your AirPods close to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Follow the steps on your device's screen.
AirPods can be associated with one Apple ID. If you want to use AirPods (3rd generation) or AirPods Pro that someone else has used, they'll first need to remove the AirPods from their Apple ID.
* When you reset your AirPods, the settings for your AirPods will also be reset. You can change your settings again.