Before you begin
- Make sure both devices have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, or macOS High Sierra or later.
- On both devices, turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. If either device has Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID. Then make sure the email address you're using for your Apple ID is saved in the other person's Contacts. And make sure you have their email address saved in your Contacts.
- Keep the other person's device nearby, within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
Still need help?
If you still can't share your Wi-Fi password, follow these steps, testing after each step:
- If you can't see the setup animation, restart both devices and try again.
- If you still can't share your Wi-Fi password, have the other person enter the password manually.