Added support for federated authentication with Google Workspace. Learn more
- Updated user interface for Preferences, Users and Devices.
- See the total amount of storage for users, including how much is used and available.
- Administrators in the United States can now sign up for Apple Business Essentials. Learn More
Administrators in the United States can now update the tax status for their organisation in Settings > Enrolment Information. Learn more
Administrators in Canada can now update the tax status for their organisation in Settings > Enrolment Information. Learn more
- Support for System for Cross-domain Identity Management (SCIM). Learn more
- Updated user interface for managing devices, including improved filtering and bulk device management.
Added support for two new privileges to provide access to the AppleSeed for IT beta testing portal.
Administrators can configure collaboration to automatically accept sharing between users in the same organisation.
You can now remove federated domains from Apple Business Manager.
- New domains added to Apple Business Manager will have to be verified before Managed Apple IDs can be created using that domain. Learn more
- Shared iPad can now be configured on iPad in Apple Business Manager.
Support for Federated Authentication with Microsoft Azure Active Directory. Learn more
- User Account Lookup allows users to search for the contact information of other users and groups in your Apple Business Manager organisation. Requires iOS 13, iPadOS 13 or macOS 10.15. Learn more
- You can choose who users can share with using Pages, Numbers and Keynote documents, Notes, Reminders and other files in iCloud Drive. Learn more
Apple Business Manager can now be used on iPad.
- The MDM Servers section is now located in the Settings tab.
- You can now configure Default Device Assignment in Settings > Device Management Settings and in Settings > MDM Servers.
tvOS apps are now available in Apps and Books.
Apple Business Manager allows IT administrators to manage people, Apple devices and content. Along with improved device and role management, it includes Apps and Books – the new location-based licence transfer system.