Change the Apple ID you use for purchase sharing on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Tap Settings > [your name], then click Family Sharing.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Account.
- Erase the Apple ID that's listed, then enter the Apple ID and password you want to use.
- Tap Use This Account.
Change the Apple ID you use for purchase sharing on your Mac
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Family Sharing, then click Details next to your name under the Family members list.
- Click Edit.
- Click Change.
- Enter the Apple ID and password you want to use.
- Tap Next and follow the onscreen instructions.
What happens when you change the Apple ID you use to share media purchases and subscriptions?
When you change the Apple ID you use for Family Sharing, your family members won't be able to access or download purchases from your previous account. They also won't be able to use any DRM-protected music, films, TV programmes, books, apps or in-app purchases that they've previously downloaded from that account. And if you used the previous account to buy an Apple Music family subscription, your family will no longer have access to that subscription.
You can change the Apple ID you use to share with your Family Sharing group once every 90 days.