These are steps about how to invite a Volume Purchase Programme-only account to your organisation. To add a new account, find out how to add a new user in Apple School Manager or add a new user in Apple Business Manager.
- Sign in to Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager.
- Click Settings.
- Below Organisation Settings, choose Enrolment Information.
- If you can't see a field for tax status, proceed to step 5. If you can see a field for tax status and it isn't approved or pending, go to Apps and Books and enter your tax information.
- Click Invite VPP Programme Facilitator at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the Apple ID of the Volume Purchase Programme account you want to invite in to your Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager, then click Invite.
The user will receive an email with a link to join your organisation. When they sign in to Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager, they'll be asked to upgrade their account. After they've upgraded, they can start using Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager, and you'll see the account as a Content Manager in your main location.
You can invite any of the following accounts to Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager:
- Programme Facilitators: these accounts were created before February 2014. They can sign in to the Volume Purchase Programme store, but they can't sign in to Apple Deployment Programmes.
- Agent accounts: these accounts were used to enrol in Volume Purchase Programme for Education or Business on the Apple Deployment Programmes website in February 2014 or later.
- Admin accounts: these accounts were created on the Apple Deployment Programmes website, but they're only used for Volume Purchase Programme for Education or Business.
You can only invite accounts that meet all of the following requirements:
- Purchaser is of the same enrolment type (Education or Business)
- Purchaser uses the same DUNS numbers (Business only)
- Purchaser is from the same country or region
- Purchaser uses the same tax information
- Purchaser has access to Volume Purchase Programme for Education or Business and is not already a Managed Apple ID
- Purchaser has never had access to the Device Enrolment Programme