Set up your AirPods or charging case
- On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the Information button next to your AirPods.
- Tap Forget this Device.
- Tap Forget Device, and tap again to confirm.
- Put both AirPods in your charging case.
- Open the lid and check the status light. It should flash amber.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for a few seconds. The status light should flash white.*
- Go to the Home Screen on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Open the case – with your AirPods inside – and hold it next to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. A setup animation will appear on your screen.
- Tap Connect, then tap Done.
* If the status light is still flashing amber, connect the case to a power source, close the lid and wait 20 minutes. Then open the lid and press and hold the setup button again for a few seconds until the status light flashes white.