With the Clock app, you can turn your iPhone into an alarm clock. Just open the Clock app from the Home screen or Control Centre. You can also ask Siri to set an alarm for you.
How to set an alarm
- Open the Clock app, then tap the Alarm tab.
- Tap .
- Set a time for the alarm. You can also choose one of these options:
- Repeat: tap to set up a reoccurring alarm.
- Label: tap to name your alarm.
- Sound: tap to pick a sound that plays when the alarm sounds.
- Snooze: turn on to see a Snooze option when the alarm sounds.
- Tap Save.
Set the alarm's volume
Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics. Under Ringers And Alerts, drag the slider left or right to set the volume. As you drag, an alert will sound, so you can hear how the volume changes. Turn on Change with Buttons to use the volume buttons on your device to change the alarm volume. If the alarm volume is too low or quiet, find out what to do.
How to ask Siri to set an alarm
Here are a few examples of what you can ask:
- "Wake me up tomorrow at 6:30 a.m."
- "What alarms do I have set?"
- "Set my Work alarm."
How to edit or delete an alarm
To edit an alarm:
- Open the Clock app and tap the Alarm tab.
- Tap Edit in the top left-hand corner.
- Tap the alarm, make your changes, then tap Save.
To delete an alarm:
- Swipe left over the alarm and tap Delete.
- Tap Edit, tap , then tap Delete.
- Tap Edit, tap the alarm, then tap Delete Alarm.
How to track your bedtime
With Bedtime you can set the amount of time you want to sleep for each night, and the Clock app can remind you to go to bed and sound an alarm to wake you up.
Find out how to set up Bedtime in the Clock app.
Get help with alarms
Do Not Disturb and the Ring/Silent switch don't affect the alarm sound. If you set your Ring/Silent switch to Silent or turn on Do Not Disturb, the alarm still sounds.
If you have an alarm that doesn’t sound or is too quiet, or if your iPhone only vibrates, check the following:
- Set the volume on your iPhone.If your alarm volume is too low or too loud, press the volume button up or down to adjust it. You can also go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and drag the slider under Ringers And Alerts.
- If your alarm only vibrates, make sure your alarm sound isn't set to None. Open the Clock app, tap the Alarm tab, then tap Edit. Tap the alarm, then tap Sound and choose a Sound.
- If you connect headphones or speakers to your iPhone, the alarm is played at a set volume through the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired and wireless headphones and speakers.
Manually adjusting your iPhone’s time in Settings to change app behaviour, such as game timers, isn’t recommended and can affect alarms.