While watching films, TV programmes or music videos in the Apple TV app* or on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you can turn on audio description. You can also turn on audio description by default.
Turn on audio description
If the video that you're watching includes audio description:
- While watching the video, tap the screen to reveal the playback controls.
- Tap the Media Selection button to open the Audio & Subtitles menu.
- Choose the audio-described track that you want to use.
Use audio description by default
- Go to Settings > Accessibility.
- Tap Audio Descriptions.
- Turn on Audio Descriptions.
- Not all videos include audio description tracks. Check the documentation of the video you're using to see if it includes these features.
- Some third-party websites and apps provide custom audio controls for videos. If you can't see audio controls when viewing video from a website, take a look at the documentation, contact the website owner or get in touch with the app developer for more information.
- Find out how to turn on audio description on your Mac.
- Find out how to turn on audio description on your Windows PC.
- Find out how to turn on audio description on your Apple TV.
- Find out how to turn on audio description on your iPod nano.
- Find out how to find audio-described content.
- If you've turned off audio description but still hear menu description, VoiceOver may be turned on. Find out how to turn off VoiceOver.
* The Apple TV app isn't available in all countries or regions. Find out where it's available.