Use these steps to create an interlaced H.264 encoding setting in Compressor 4.2.1.
- Open Compressor.
- In the Settings pane (Command-Shift-1) choose New Setting from the Add Setting pop-up menu.
- In the window that appears, choose the "QuickTime Movie" transcoding format from the pop-up menu.
- Enter a name and description for the setting, then click OK. The new setting appears in the Custom area of the Settings pane.
- To modify the properties of your new custom setting, click the Video Inspector to adjust the controls. If the inspector is hidden, click the Inspector button in the upper-right corner of the Compressor window.
- In the Video Properties section of the Video Inspector, click the Change button next to "QuickTime settings" to see the standard Video Compression Settings window.
- Choose "H.264" from the Compression Type pop-up menu.
- In the Compressor section select the option for "Faster encode (Single-pass)" encoding and click OK.
- From the Video pane in the Inspector, select the interlaced field order you want (Top First or Bottom First) using the Field order pop-up menu.