When you join Apple Music, you get access to a whole world of music—from the Apple Music catalog and your own collection—through the Music app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and the Apple Music app on your Android phone.
What would you like to do with Apple Music?
- Explore Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android phone.
- Play, repeat, and shuffle your music, or view lyrics in Apple Music.
- Add and download music from the Apple Music catalog.
- Create playlists with music from the Apple Music catalog or your own collection.
- Access your music on all of your devices, and learn what happens to the music that you already had when you join Apple Music.
- Ask Siri to help you play songs or get more information about music. Learn how to use Siri.
- Listen to Apple Music through other apps.
Apple Music features might vary by country or region. Learn more about what's available in your country or region.
Explore Apple Music
On your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, the tabs at the bottom of the Music app help you discover and play content in different ways. On your Android phone, navigate the Apple Music app by tapping the menu icon in the upper-left corner.
The Library tab makes it easy to navigate all of your music, wherever it comes from—from the iTunes Store, from a rare import CD, or from the Apple Music catalog.
You can view the music in your Library by Songs, Albums, Artists, Playlists, Music Videos, Genres, Compilations, Composers, TV & Movies, and Downloaded Music. To reorganize what you see in Library, tap Edit in the upper-right corner, then select the options that you want to see. Use to reorganize their order, then tap Done in the upper-right corner to save your changes.
The Recently Added section updates automatically when you add content from the Apple Music catalog to your Library.
In the For You tab, you can discover albums and playlists curated by our team of experts to match your musical tastes, updated daily. The suggestions that you see in For You are influenced by:
- The music that you listen to from the Apple Music catalog.
- What you tell us that you love or dislike.
- The genre and artist choices that you made when you first joined Apple Music. Learn how to update your choices.
You can also see what you've been playing recently, as well as posts from your favorite artists in Connect.
In the upper right corner, you can access your Apple Music account settings. Just tap or your photo, then scroll to the bottom of the page and tap View Account. Under Account, you can:
- Refine the suggestions you see in Apple Music.
- Get notifications when artists release new music or a friend starts following you.
- Find artists to follow in Connect.
- Redeem gift cards.
- Manage your Apple Music subscription.
You can also sign in with your Apple ID if you're not already signed in.
Apple Music is dedicated to bringing you the latest and greatest in music. The Browse tab features music that's new, popular, and up-and-coming each week, and from the tab you can browse the Apple Music Catalog by genre.
Tap Playlists to view new and featured playlists, playlists created with specific activities and moods in mind, and playlists curated by Apple Music Editors and industry partners. You can also listen to genre-specific playlists.
Tap TV & Movies to view exclusive video content.
You can add any of the content that you find in Browse to your Library.
Beats 1, our 24/7 radio station, features radio shows from legendary artists and DJs that you can listen to live or on-demand. Tune in to hear exclusive interviews, guest hosts, and the best of what’s going on in music.
Radio also features curated stations for every genre of music, or you can create your own custom stations. These stations don't have ads, and you can skip an unlimited number of songs as you listen. You can also add songs that you like to your Library.
Learn more about Radio.
Use the Search tab to find songs, albums, artists, playlists, radio stations, TV shows, movies, and more in your Library or the Apple Music catalog.
You'll also see your recent searches and a list of trending search terms. Tap one of your recent search terms to quickly get back to your previous results or tap a trending search term to find out more about what's trending.
In the Apple Music app on Android phones, you can find Search in the upper-right corner of any tab.
If you don't subscribe to Apple Music
Learn more about iTunes and the iTunes Store.
You may use Apple Music only for personal, noncommercial purposes. Read the full terms and conditions.