Explore the Apple Music app
To navigate the Apple Music app:
- On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Android device, use the tabs at the bottom of the screen.
- On your Mac, use the sidebar.
- On your Apple TV, use the tabs at the top of the screen.
Find all of the music that you've added from Apple Music and music on your other devices. See music that you purchased from the iTunes Store, and songs that you imported from CDs and other services. You can also find music that's downloaded to your device so you can listen to it offline.
If you subscribe to Apple Music, you can see music recommendations and playlists based on your musical tastes. You can also see music that you recently played and check out what your friends are listening to. And when you want to relive the top songs, artists and albums that you listened to over the past year, check out Apple Music Replay.
If you subscribe to Apple Music, you'll see what's new in music and what songs and videos are topping the charts. You can also watch music videos and find music video playlists. And you can add and download any of this content to your Library.
If you don't subscribe to Apple Music, use the iTunes Store app to buy and download music instead.
Listen to Beats 1 to hear a live global broadcast hosted by the biggest names in music. Or tune in to local radio stations from all over the world. Learn more about Radio in Apple Music.
Use Search to find songs, albums, artists, playlists, lyrics and more. Quickly switch between searching your own library and the Apple Music catalogue. You’ll see recent searches too, along with what’s trending.
Control music in Now Playing
From the Now Playing screen, you can control the volume and playback of music that you're listening to. Now Playing is where you can also turn on shuffle or repeat, see lyrics for a song, and find and manage your Up Next queue.
To open Now Playing:
- On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Android device, play a song, then tap the song at the bottom of your screen to open Now Playing and control playback.
- On your Apple TV, Now Playing is at the top of the screen.
- On your Mac, use the controls in the navigation bar at the top of the window.
More ways to control your music
- Ask Siri to play and control music.
- Control audio that you're listening to from the Lock screen and Control Center on your iOS device.
- With AirPlay 2, you can play music across multiple speakers throughout your home, or play something different in every room.
- Control your music library or listen to Apple Music on your Apple Watch.
- Play music, podcasts and audiobooks in your car with your iPhone.
Change your settings
On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > Music. From here, you can adjust these settings:
- Sync Library: if you subscribe to Apple Music or iTunes Match, turn on Sync Library to access your music library across all of your devices.
- Mobile Data: turn on to stream music from the Apple Music app while your iPhone or iPad is connected to the Internet using a mobile data connection and mobile data.
- Downloaded Music: control what's downloaded to your device.
You can also create an Apple Music profile so that friends can follow what you're listening to. Just go to For You and tap or click . Already got an Apple Music profile? Tap or click your name, then choose Edit or View Account to manage your account.
- You can create playlists of songs. If you’re an Apple Music subscriber, you can also share your playlists with friends on Apple Music.
- You can manage your Apple Music subscription on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV or Android device; or in iTunes for Windows on your PC.
Apple Music features may vary by country or region. Learn more about what's available in your country or region.
You may use Apple Music for personal, non-commercial purposes only. Read the full terms and conditions.