Turn the volume up or down
Open the Settings app, scroll down, tap Sounds & Haptics, then tap or . You can also tap the slider, then turn the Digital Crown.
You can change how loud an alert is, but you can't change how it sounds.
Change the strength of taps and vibrations
- Put on your Apple Watch and unlock it. For the best haptic results, the back of your Apple Watch needs skin contact. Use a snug, but comfortable fit.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Under Haptic Strength, tap to decrease haptic intensity or to increase it.
You can also adjust haptic alerts using your paired iPhone. Open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap Sounds & Haptics. Under Haptic Strength, drag the slider to adjust the intensity of haptic notifications.
If you're wearing your Apple Watch and you don't feel a tap as you adjust the slider, contact Apple Support.
Add an extra tap
To add extra emphasis to haptic alerts, you can turn on the Prominent Haptic feature. This feature sends you an additional haptic tap that pre-announces some of your other haptic alerts.
You can turn on Prominent Haptic from your iPhone or your Apple Watch:
- From your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, then tap Sounds & Haptics. Then turn on Prominent Haptic.
- From your Apple Watch, open Settings, then tap Sounds & Haptics. Then turn on Prominent Haptic.
Mute your Apple Watch
You can mute your Apple Watch from Settings or Control Center:
- Go to the watch face, swipe up to open Control Center, then tap .
- Open Settings, tap Sounds & Haptics, then turn on Silent Mode.
To silence an alert or notification as it sounds, rest your palm on the display for at least three seconds or until you feel a tap. If it doesn't work, see if the Cover to Mute setting is on: On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, go to the My Watch tab, then tap Sounds & Haptics.
Turn on Do Not Disturb
To keep calls and alerts (except for alarms) from sounding or lighting up the screen, turn on Do Not Disturb. When Do Not Disturb is on, appears at the top of the screen.
Swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center, then tap .
Or open Settings, tap Do Not Disturb, then turn on the setting.
Change the settings from your iPhone
On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, go to the My Watch tab, and tap Sounds & Haptics.