Stream video from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to a TV
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.1
- Find the video you want to stream.
- Tap AirPlay . In some apps, you may need to tap a different button first.2 For example, in the Photos app, tap Share , then tap AirPlay .
- Choose your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
To stop streaming, tap AirPlay in the app you're streaming from, then tap your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch in the list.
1. SharePlay doesn't support AirPlay 2-compatible smart TVs. To stream video with SharePlay, use an Apple TV.
2. Some video apps may not support AirPlay. If you can’t use AirPlay with a video app, check the App Store on your Apple TV to see if that app is available.
If video streams automatically to an AirPlay device
Your device may stream video automatically to the Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV that you use frequently. If you open a video app and see in the top left-hand corner, an AirPlay device is already selected.
To use AirPlay with a different device, tap , then tap another device. Or tap again to stop streaming with AirPlay.
Mirror your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to a TV or Mac
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV or Mac.3
- Open Control Centre:
- On iPhone X or later, or iPad with iPadOS 13 or later: swipe down from the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- On iPhone 8 or earlier, or iOS 11 or earlier: swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- Tap Screen Mirroring .
- Select your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV or Mac from the list.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen or Mac, enter the passcode on your iOS or iPadOS device.
To stop mirroring your iOS or iPadOS device, open Control Centre, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring. Or press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.