If an alert says that there's not enough iCloud storage
Check how much iCloud storage you have available, then check your Next Backup Size. Then take steps to reduce the amount of information you store in iCloud, or upgrade your iCloud+ plan.
Check your iCloud storage and Next Backup Size in iOS or iPadOS
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Tap iCloud. The amount of iCloud storage that you've used is listed at the top. Learn more.
- Tap Manage Storage.
- Tap Backups, then tap the device you're using. Next Backup Size is listed under Last Backup and Backup Size.
It may take a few minutes for your device to calculate Next Backup Size.
If a message says that your last backup couldn't be completed
If your iCloud backup is taking longer than expected to finish
If the iCloud Backup option is greyed out
- Check if a restore is already in progress. You can create a new backup after your device has finished restoring.
- Check whether you've installed a profile that restricts iCloud Backup. Go to Settings > General > Device Management to see a list of installed profiles.
Get help restoring from an iCloud backup
If you need help restoring from an iCloud backup, find out what to do.