Use the latest version of macOS
Check your sound settings
If you still can't hear sound from the internal speakers after updating your computer's software, check your sound settings.
First, disconnect any external audio devices from your computer. Also disconnect any cables from the USB, Thunderbolt or 3.5 mm audio ports.
- From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences.
- Click Sound.
- Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers. If you can’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support.
- If the Output volume slider is set to low, move the slider to the right and test again.
- If the Mute tick box is selected, deselect it and test again.
- If you still can’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support.