Remove any cases, accessories or films and test
- Remove any cases, accessories or films that place a magnet near the camera or that may be blocking the camera or flash.
- Test the camera by trying to take a photo.
- Test the LED flash:
If the flash only works occasionally, open the Camera app and tap the flash button to choose a different setting.
A configuration profile, including a Mobile Device Management (MDM) profile, can disable the camera.
Contact Apple Support
If the camera or flash still isn't working correctly, contact Apple Support to discuss service options.
If you want to try some more steps on your own
If you prefer, here are some more steps you can try on your own if the camera isn't working. You may still need to contact Apple Support after completing these steps.
- If the photo is blurry, clean the front and back camera lenses with a microfibre cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens, damage to your iPhone near the camera or if the camera lens appears to be misaligned or blocked, contact Apple Support to discuss service options.
- If you see motion blur in low-light situations and you use a lens converter, metallic case or a magnetic lens mount, try removing the accessory.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
- Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
- Test the camera again by taking a photo. If your device has a front and rear camera, check if one or both aren’t working. To switch cameras, tap the rotate button .