After you add funds, you can use your Apple ID balance to make purchases in the App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books, or to buy iCloud Storage. The balance is used for each purchase that you make until there isn't any balance left.
Learn how to create an Apple ID if you don't have one.
View your balance on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the App Store app.
- Tap your photo or the sign-in button at the top of the screen. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- If you have Apple ID credit, the amount appears below your name.
View your balance on your Mac
- Open the App Store. If you see the sign-in button at the bottom of the sidebar, click it and sign it with your Apple ID.
- If you have Apple ID credit, the amount appears below your name at the bottom of the sidebar.
View your balance on your PC
- Open iTunes. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- At the top of the iTunes window, click Store.
- If you have a balance, you'll see it below the search field.
About unused Apple ID balance
You can't redeem or return App Store & iTunes Gift Cards or unused balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can request a refund. Contact Apple Support, then select a support category and topic. Include the following information in your request detail:
- Your Apple ID.
- The refund amount.
- Your current shipping address.
Additional information might be requested for verification purposes.
If you plan to delete your Apple ID or change your country or region
- If you use Family Sharing, funds that you add to your Apple ID balance are available only to you. Your Apple ID balance isn't shared with other family members.
- If you don't think the amount of balance available to you is correct, check your purchase history to see if some of the balance was used for a purchase. If you still don't think the balance is correct, sign out of the iTunes Store and App Store on all of your devices and then sign back in.
- Learn how App Store and iTunes Store purchases are billed.