On an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
To find the software version installed on your device, go to Settings > General, then tap About.
On your iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano or iPod mini
- Press the Menu button multiple times until the main menu appears.
- Scroll to and select Settings > About.
- The software version of your device should appear on this screen. On iPod nano (3rd or 4th generation) and iPod classic, press the Centre button twice on the About screen to see the software version.
On an iPod shuffle
To find the software version installed on your iPod shuffle, use the Finder or iTunes on your computer.
With your computer
You can also use your computer to find the software version of your device. Follow these steps:
- On a Mac with macOS Catalina or later, open the Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, or on a Windows PC, open iTunes.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Locate your device on your computer. Find out what to do if your computer doesn't recognize your device.
- Look under the General tab or the Summary tab to see the software version.