What to do before changing your country or region
- Spend any remaining balance in your Apple ID. If you're not sure whether you have any balance remaining in your Apple ID, check your Apple ID balance.
- Cancel your subscriptions and wait until the end of the subscription period.
- Wait for any memberships, pre-orders, film rentals or Season Passes to end, and wait for any pending store credit refunds to be processed. You can cancel a pre-order.
- Make sure you have a valid payment method for your new country or region. See what payment methods you can use.
- Redownload your apps, music, films, TV programmes and books on any devices that you may want to play or read them on again in the future. That's because some types of content may not be available in your new country or region. (Find out what types of content and services are available in your new country or region.)
Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to change your region
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases.
- Tap View Account. You may be asked to sign in.
- Tap Country/Region.
- Tap Change Country or Region.
- Tap your new country or region, then review the terms and conditions.
- Tap Agree in the top right-hand corner, then tap Agree again to confirm.
- Select a payment method and enter your new payment information and billing address, then tap Next. You must enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.* Find out more about how to change or remove your Apple ID payment information.
Use your computer to change your region
- Open the Music app or iTunes.
- In the menu bar at the top of the screen or the top of the iTunes window, click Account, then click View My Account.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- On the Account Information page, click Change Country or Region.
- Select your new country or region.
- Review the terms and conditions, then click Agree. Click Agree again to confirm.
- Enter your new payment information* and billing address, then click Continue.
Change your region online
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page.
- Scroll to the Account section, then click Edit.
- From the Country/Region menu, select your new country or region.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. You must enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.*
If you can't change your country or region
If you can't change your country or region, make sure you've cancelled your subscriptions and spent your store credit. Complete these steps before trying to change your country or region.
If you're a part of a Family Sharing group, you may not be able to change your country or region. Find out how to leave a Family Sharing group.
If you still can't change your country or region, or you have less store credit than the cost of a single item, contact Apple Support.
- After you've updated your Apple ID billing address and payment method, you can upgrade your iCloud Storage using the pricing in your new country or region. Find out more about iCloud storage.
- View the Apple Media Services terms and conditions.
* If you don't want to enter a payment method, wait until you're physically in your new country or region, then create a new Apple ID.