Delete history, cache and cookies
- To clear your history and cookies, go to Settings > Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data. Clearing your history, cookies and browsing data from Safari won't change your AutoFill information.
- To clear your cookies and keep your history, go to Settings > Safari > Advanced > Website Data, then tap Remove All Website Data.
- To visit sites without leaving history, turn Private Browsing on.
When there's no history or website data to clear, the setting will turn grey. The setting may also appear grey if you have web content restrictions set up under Content & Privacy Restrictions in Screen Time.
A cookie is a piece of data that a site puts on your device so that site can remember you when you visit again. To choose whether Safari blocks cookies, tap Settings > Safari, then turn on Block All Cookies.
If you block cookies, some web pages may not work. Here are some examples:
- You'll likely not be able to sign in to a site even when using your correct user name and password.
- You may see a message that cookies are required or that your browser's cookies are turned off.
- Some features on a site may not work.
Use content blockers
Content blockers are third-party apps and extensions that let Safari block cookies, images, resources, pop-ups and other content.
To get a content blocker:
- Download a content blocking app from the App Store.
- Tap Settings > Safari > Extensions.
- Tap to turn on a listed content blocker.
You can use more than one content blocker. If you need help, contact the app developer.