Before installing a Final Cut Pro X update, verify that your system still meets Final Cut Pro X system requirements. Then make sure to backup your current version of the Final Cut Pro X application and your Final Cut Pro libraries.
New in Final Cut Pro X 10.3.3
- Ability to expand the width of the Inspector to view and adjust effect parameters
- Fixes issues with updating older libraries
- Faster redraw of audio waveforms when using clips that are being imported while recorded to disk
- Diamond icon in the Timeline Index to show when the user has modified display of roles in the timeline
- More color options in the Role Editor
- Reveal in Browser correctly displays the location of the original clip in the browser
- Support for Canon Log 3 and Sony S-Log3/S-Gamut3 log processing
- Resolves an issue in which the viewer could occasionally disappear when exiting full screen
- Resolves issues in which Share to DVD could become unresponsive
- Improves font quality of DVD menu and chapter titles
- Improves image quality when creating a DVD
- Enhanced DVD User dialog messages with embedded links to documentation
Final Cut Pro X 10.3.2
- Ability to add custom folders of audio files to the Sound Effects browser
- Using ripple delete on audio-only clips no longer disables the selected range
- Audio meters retain custom width after relaunch
- Improves responsiveness when editing very long projects
- Improves performance when exporting H.264 files and changing frame rate
- Exporting ProRes 4444 files with transparency using Compressor creates a correct alpha channel
- Fixes an issue in which adjusting the line spacing of multi-line titles only applied to the first line
- Fixes an issue in which secondary storylines with mixed roles could overlap in the timeline
- Fixes an issue that could prevent burning Final Cut Pro projects to DVD via Apple USB SuperDrive
Final Cut Pro X 10.3.1
- Fixes an issue with cropped images in the Viewer when the Language & Region System Preference is set to Spanish
- Fixes issues with updating libraries
- Fixes an issue when using Paste Attributes to copy color correction between clips
Final Cut Pro X 10.3
- Redesigned dark interface puts the focus on your video
- Configure window layouts into custom workspaces for tasks like organizing and color grading
- Fill a second display with the Timeline or hide the Timeline completely
- Expand the Inspector to full-screen height
Magnetic Timeline 2
- Color coding of clips based on roles such as dialogue, music, and effects lets you understand your project at a glance
- Create, assign, and customize the colors of roles to identify different types of audio and video clips
- Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your Timeline
- Focus button in the Timeline Index lets you highlight specific audio roles and collapse all others
- Show Audio Lanes button in the Timeline Index displays a structured Timeline layout with dedicated spaces for each audio role
- Add audio effects and keyframe audio volume changes to an entire role within a Compound Clip
- iXML support enables automatic creation and assignment of roles based on metadata from an audio field recorder
- Custom Roles assignment can be combined with iXML metadata during import
- Create and manage a unique set of roles for each Final Cut Pro library
- Images are now viewable in wide color on supported Mac computers and external displays
- Import, edit, and deliver video in standard Rec. 601 and Rec. 709 color spaces, or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
- Configure color spaces for both libraries and projects
- Log footage from ARRI, Blackmagic Design, Canon, Panasonic, and Sony cameras, as well as RED RAW footage, can be manipulated in real time while preserving wide color
- Range check overlay in the viewer highlights areas out of the standard RGB range
- Video scopes display wide color in real time
Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro
- Tap to execute common functions like volume control, fade in and out, and media import
- Easily access advanced editing commands, including Override Clip Connections, Trim to Start, and Trim to End
- View your entire project at a glance and navigate with touch in the timeline overview
More Video Formats
- MXF-wrapped Apple ProRes provides a flexible new format for broadcast delivery
- MXF master file export uses audio roles to configure industry-standard channel layouts
- Support for Canon Log2/Cinema Gamut and Panasonic V-Log
- Support for Sony XAVC-L at 4K for the Sony PXW-FS7 and PXW-X70 cameras
- Export AVC-Intra files
- Flow transition seamlessly merges jump cuts to remove pauses or mistakes in on-camera interviews
- Remove Effects and Remove Attributes commands let you delete specific effects from clips
- SMB 3 network support enables library access on network-attached storage devices
- Timecode effect displays clip name and source clip timecode in the Viewer and in exported files
- Copy and paste timecode to speed up numerical entry from text documents
- Consolidate custom Motion projects into individual Final Cut Pro libraries
- Option for continuous playback of clips in the Browser
- Search custom metadata in the Browser and Timeline
- Search Timeline Index for Auditions, compound clips, multicam clips, and synchronized clips
- Ability to roll trim on adjacent connected clips
- Larger Media and Content browsers provide more space for viewing photo libraries, sound effects, music, titles, and generators
- Skim and select ranges of audio files in the Music and Sound Effects browser
- Use a Mini DisplayPort or HDMI cable for direct AV output to an external display at standard video resolutions
- XML 1.6 supports role-based audio components for Magnetic Timeline 2
- Enhanced XML support lets you import projects and clips into existing events
- Ability to drag and drop clips, projects, and events as XML with supported applications
- Ability to export a library an XML file from Final Cut Pro via drag and drop
- Option-click a component in the Audio Inspector to select that component while simultaneously disabling all other components
- Disable an audio component in the Timeline by selecting it and pressing Delete
- Press Command–Up Arrow or Command–Down Arrow to select and navigate clips vertically in the Timeline
- When you open a Multicam clip in the Angle editor, Final Cut Pro now positions the playhead on the same frame you were viewing in the original Timeline
- Ability to move subroles between roles and merge subroles with other subroles in the Edit Roles window
- Batch relink from RED R3D files to QuickTime proxy files and back to the original R3D files instead of relinking one file at a time
- Change the height of clips in the Timeline using keyboard shortcuts Command–Shift–Plus sign (+) or Command–Shift–Minus sign (-)
- Synchronized clips now display a distinctive badge to easily identify them in the browser and Timeline
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts for adding audio fades
- New preference to assign default fade duration when adding audio fades via keyboard shortcut
- The Overwrite Edit function is now the fourth Edit Mode button in the top-left corner of the Timeline alongside Connect, Insert, and Append
- Align Audio to Video function quickly resets J or L cuts in the Timeline to straight cuts
- Launching Final Cut Pro by double-clicking a library in Finder bypasses the Open Libraries window
- New Broadcast Safe Effect allows you to limit video levels to a specific color space including Rec. 601 PAL and NTSC, Rec. 709, and Rec. 2020
- XML export of multicam clips now preserves the Angle ID which greatly improves integration with asset management systems
- Camera angle, camera name, and reel fields are now searchable using the text search function in the Browser
- Final Cut Pro now correctly recognizes and displays variable frame rates in the browser column when shooting XAVC-Long G with the Sony PXW-X70 camera
- When importing from a camera card with mixed media such as stills and video, the Import window displays a single volume
- Audio effects have a global enable/disable button in the Inspector like video effects
- After upgrading a library to Final Cut Pro version 10.3, you can now reveal and utilize any original iXML metadata on audio clips by selecting the clip and re-applying the role
- Support for 10-bit uncompressed MXF with standard definition video
- Support for exporting 16-bit TIFF sequences from both Final Cut Pro and Compressor
- Choose Metadata Views in the Inspector for DPP Editorial/Services and DPP Media which can be used when delivering Digital Production Partnership AS-11 master program files
- New column in the Import window for Color Profile, so you can view and select clips for import based on color space
- Users can now create and save a custom default Generator, Title, and Lower Third Title which can then be added to a Timeline with keyboard shortcuts
- Audio metering works when previewing an audio source in the Music and Sound Effects Media Browser
- Timecode and audio meters are now displayed in the Event Viewer
- An arrow cursor has been added as a new option for the Shapes generator
Issues addressed in Final Cut Pro X 10.3:
- Optical Flow on retimed clips with an alpha channel no longer causes transparent areas to become briefly opaque
- Resolves an issue in which lines are displayed across the timecode window on macOS Sierra
- In List View in the browser, audio waveforms now scale correctly to the width of the filmstrip
- Synchronized clips now correctly roundtrip through XML export and import
- If you use Replace function to replace a clip in the Timeline that has keywords and notes with a new clip that does not, the keywords and notes no longer remain in the Timeline Index
- Resolves an issue that could cause the Create Disc sharing option to hang on macOS Sierra
- Toggling between List View and Filmstrip View does not change the clip selection in List View
- Audio levels remain consistent when trimming an Audition during playback
- After resetting volume in Inspector, new fade handles are not set to Linear
- When launching Final Cut Pro with no libraries loaded, the app will remain open even if you decline to upgrade a library
- Zoom in the viewer works correctly after fullscreen playback
- After XML import, 4K Synchronized clips now correctly appear as 4K
- Generators with shape masks export at the correct size
- After using the Share to Apple Devices 1080p option, the file information in iTunes no longer displays "SD" 1080
- Video-only export does not send audio out when you export a second time
- You can now exit full screen playback when editing control points on a Draw Mask
- The Draw Mask effect works correctly when added to a clip in a Multicam angle
- You can now continuously move the Color Correction pucks with the arrow keys
- Resolves an issue where Color Balance could cause some Multicam Clips to turn white
- Fixes an issue where Log processing could remain on a clip even when "None" is selected in the Inspector
- Color Masks work on clips with Log processing applied
- Support for color correcting Photoshop layers
- Improved accuracy when subtracting colors from inside a Color Mask
- Match Color and Balance Color can be copied and pasted to other clips using the Paste Attributes function
- Title guide snapping now works correctly
- Fixes an issue where the Basic Lower Third title could revert back to the original type style and not retain user changes after re-launching Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3
- Customizable Default Effect lets you choose both a video and audio effect that is assigned to a keyboard shortcut
- 4K export preset to create video files for Apple devices
- Improves speed when opening libraries on a SAN
- Resolves an issue that could affect the timecode display in the Dashboard on OS X El Capitan
- Import Canon XF-AVC including video files from the Canon C300 Mark II
- Ability to share video to multiple YouTube accounts
- Resolves an issue in which a disabled video effect could appear as Missing Effect when opening the project or when sharing to Compressor
- Addresses an issue in which black frames could appear in imported iPhone video clips that were trimmed on iPhone
- Fixes an issue that could cause the playhead to jump ahead when editing short titles
- Fixes an issue that could cause the timeline to stop playback when switching views in the Browser
- Fixes an issue in which points on a Bezier shape could incorrectly switch from Linear to Smooth
- Fixes an issue in which some objects within Motion templates render with soft edges
- Adds iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Pro, and Apple TV (4th generation) to the Apple Devices compatibility list in the Share window
Final Cut Pro X 10.2.2
- Native support for Sony XAVC-L and Panasonic AVC-Intra 4:4:4 up to 4K resolution
- Import Canon XF-AVC 8-bit video files with Canon plug-in
- Export interlaced H.264 video
- Asset management systems can include a library backup file when sharing from Final Cut Pro
- Fixes render errors that could occur when using reflective materials with 3D text
- Improves stability when swapping materials on 3D text with published parameters
- Improves performance when loading text styles
- Motion Title templates with published text layout parameters now export correctly
- Fixes an issue that could cause 3D text to appear dark when rendered
- Addresses issues with timing on certain animated effects
Final Cut Pro X 10.2.1
- Restores support for Panasonic AVCCAM video at 25p and 30p
- Improves accuracy when dragging to select a range in the Timeline
- Fixes an issue that may cause Final Cut Pro to quit on launch
Final Cut Pro X 10.2
Introducing 3D titles
- Beautifully animated and easily customizable 3D text
- Simple templates to get started quickly
- Cinematic templates with built-in backgrounds and animations
- Large collection of text styles to create stunning looks with one click
- Customize your titles with hundreds of combinations of materials, lighting, and edges
- Additional controls to adjust environment, shadows, and more
- Instantly convert 2D titles to 3D
- Open any title in Motion to add multiple lights, cameras, and tracking
- Display up to four video scopes simultaneously
- Apply super ellipse Shape Mask to any clip
- Apply Draw mask to any clip, with options for linear, bezier, or B-spline smoothing
- New shape and color mask controls for every effect
- Instantly display the alpha channel for any effect mask
- Save custom effects as presets for quick access
- Color Board merged into the new Color Correction effect
- Rearrange the processing order of the Color Correction effect
- Improved keyframing with better motion smoothing
- Improved optical flow for beautiful slow motion on a wider range of content
- Better performance of FxPlug plug-ins and built-in effects that use multiple frames like Visual Echo and Trails
- Support for Panasonic AVC-Ultra codec family
- Support for Sony XAVC S format
- Import Sony XAVC and XDCAM formats without separate plug-in
- Support for JVC H.264 Long GOP format
- GPU-accelerated RED RAW processing with support for dual GPUs
- Support for RED RAW anamorphic formats
- You can now use Smart Collections at the event and library level
- Import window consolidates all options into a single sidebar
- GPU rendering when using Send To Compressor with support for dual GPUs
- CABAC entropy mode for multi-pass encoding
- XML 1.5 for third-party interchange. For legacy third-party applications, XML 1.4 continues to be supported
Final Cut Pro X 10.2 also includes the following:
- Faster drawing of audio waveforms which improves performance especially when editing over a network
- Transform controls work correctly with photos in a secondary storyline
- Resizable Filter window for searching
- Freeze frames copy media across multiple libraries
- Slo-mo video clips from iPhone appear in the Browser with a badge
- Full-screen playback does not automatically superimpose transport controls
- Improved performance when skimming Long GOP video including AVCHD
- Exporting a Master File using i-Frame codecs like ProRes can play in QuickTime Player before the export completes
- Support for XAVC S video recorded at 120 fps and 240 fps
- MXF-wrapped AVC-Intra and Uncompressed files export faster
Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4
- Native MXF import, edit, and export with the Pro Video Formats 2.0 software update
- Option to export AVC-Intra MXF files
- Support for import and editing with Panasonic AVC-LongG media
- Fixes issues with automatic library backups
- Fixes an issue where clips with certain frame rates from Canon and Sanyo cameras would not import properly
- Resolves issues that could interrupt long imports with App Nap enabled
- Stabilization and Rolling Shutter reduction works correctly with 240fps video
Final Cut Pro X version 10.1.3
- Fixes reliability issues when burning a Blu-ray Disc or creating a Blu-ray disk image
- Color corrections you paste between clips are retained during Share
- Effects you apply to clips in the browser in prior versions of the app are retained when adding those clips to the timeline
- XML round-trip imports correctly when using gap clips
- Improves reliability of automatic library backups
- Improves stability when skimming growing files in the Browser
Final Cut Pro X version 10.1.2
- Optimized, proxy, and rendered media can be stored at any location outside of the library
- View and set storage locations for each of your libraries using the Library Properties inspector
- Easily delete optimized, proxy, and rendered media from within Final Cut Pro X
- Used media indicators for Compound, Multicam, and Synced clips
- Option to show only unused media in the Browser
- Apply a standard (Rec. 709) look in real time to high dynamic range and wide color gamut video from ARRI, Blackmagic Design, Canon, and Sony cameras
- Automatically apply an ARRI embedded 3D LUT from the new AMIRA camera
- Support for Apple ProRes 4444 XQ
- Improved speed and accuracy when synchronizing clips
- Audio recording improvements including countdown and automatic Audition creation from multiple takes
- Fast export of cuts-only projects containing XDCAM media
- Export entire library as a single XML file
- Selecting a library displays key metadata in the Inspector
- Adjust relative and absolute volume of a clip or range selection
- Create keywords from Finder Tags when importing media
- Option to sort events by date or name in the Libraries list
- Import a clip by dragging directly into the Browser
- Share 4K video to Vimeo
Final Cut Pro version 10.1.2 also addresses the following issues
- Faster opening, closing, copying, and overall performance when working with large libraries
- Linear and smooth motion interpolation between keyframes applies to both time and distance
Final Cut Pro X version 10.1.1
- Preserves media files if an external drive or network is disconnected while consolidating a library
- Resolves an issue with loading audio content in the Music and Sound Browser
- Fixes a stability issue when applying a Motion effect with Scroll Text behavior
- Faster switching between proxy media and original or optimized media
- Improves Timeline responsiveness with very large projects
Final Cut Pro X version 10.1
- Optimized playback and rendering using dual GPUs in the new Mac Pro
- Video monitoring up to 4K via Thunderbolt 2 and HDMI on select Mac computers
- 4K content including titles, transitions, and generators
- Libraries allow you to gather multiple events and projects within a single bundle
- Easily open and close individual libraries to load just the material you need
- Option to import camera media to locations inside or outside of a library
- Automatically back up libraries to a user-specified drive or network location
- Project Snapshots let you quickly capture the project state for fast versioning
- Audio fade handles on individual audio channels in the timeline
- Add precise retime speeds by entering them numerically in the timeline
- Non-rippling retime option
- One step Replace and retime
- Custom project frame sizes
- Through edits displayed on all clip types
- Join Through Edit command removes bladed cuts to clips in the timeline
- Detach audio with Multicam clips in the timeline to manipulate audio and video separately
- Make video- or audio-only edits into the timeline with Multicam Clips as sources
- Blade and move audio in J- and L-cuts
- Ability to roll audio with J- and L-cut splits open
- Option to hide the Event browser to gain more screen space for viewing
- Native support for .MTS and .MT2S files from AVCHD cameras
- Used media indicators on source clips
- Improved performance with large projects
- Improved performance when modifying or adding keywords to many clips at once
- Easily move, copy, and paste multiple keyframes
- Option for the linear animation with Ken Burns effect
- Improved image stabilization with InertiaCam and Tripod mode
- Import photos from iOS devices
- Proxy and playback quality controls accessible in Viewer menu
- Support for portrait/landscape metadata in still images
- Effects parameters, fonts, and text size included in XML metadata
- Improved support for growing media and edit while ingest
- API for custom Share operations using third-party software
- FxPlug 3 with custom plug-in interfaces and dual-GPU support
- Share directly to YouTube at 4K resolution
- Share directly to Chinese video sites Youku and Tudou
- Spanish language localization
Final Cut Pro X version 10.1 also improves overall stability and performance, and addresses the following issues:
- Loading a library from a SAN is significantly faster
- You can eject drives after the libraries on those drives are closed
- It is much easier to move clips with transitions in the timeline and lift them out of the Primary Storyline with transitions preserved
- Clips can be trimmed completely out of a timeline when using the rolling trim function
- Media management functions can be cancelled with undo
- Quitting the application cancels background processes
- 5.1 surround sound audio originating from a camera as AVCHD will no longer be down mixed to stereo during import
- If you have transcoded RED RAW files to ProRes through a third-party application, you can relink to the original RED files within Final Cut Pro
- Transform correctly maintains linear motion on all keyframes
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.9
- Addresses issues resulting in green artifacts when using Sony XAVC media
- Fixes several issues related to interlaced media and retimed segments which could cause exports to not complete
- Includes stability improvements
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.8
- Support for Sony XAVC codec up to 4K resolution
- Option to display ProRes Log C files from ARRI ALEXA cameras with standard Rec. 709 color and contrast levels
- Resolves an issue where some third-party effects generated green frames during render
- Resolves performance issues that could occur with certain titles and effects
- Time reversed clips render in the background
- Ability to use key commands to adjust Clip Appearance settings in the timeline
- Ability to view reel number metadata located in the timecode track of video files
- Mono audio files in a surround project export with correct volume levels
- Drop zones no longer reset to the first frame of video after application restart
- Fixes a performance issue which resulted from selecting multiple ranges on a single clip
- Fixes an issue where the Play Around function did not work properly on certain clips when viewed through external video devices
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.7
- The Letterbox effect "Offset" slider is restored.
- Fixes an issue that could occur when creating a single layer DVD.
- Fixes an issue in which some third-party effects could cause Final Cut Pro to stop responding during background rendering.
- Fixes an issue in which some third-party transitions would incorrectly use black instead of source media.
- Adds support for editing MXF files that are still ingesting.
- Fixes an issue with rendering Motion Templates containing Image Units.
- Fixes an issue with the display of the Modify RED RAW settings button in synchronized and compound clips.
- Fixes an issue with the upload of clips that are larger than 1 GB to Vimeo.
- Fixes an issue in which an incorrect frame size is used with filters on two adjacent clips with different pixel aspect ratio.
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.6
- Expand multichannel audio files directly in the timeline for precise editing of individual audio channels.
- Unified import window provides single interface for transferring media from file-based cameras, networks, and folders of files. Choose between Filmstrip and List views for browsing media, and save frequently used locations to the Favorites sidebar for fast access.
- Redesigned Share interface for streamlined exporting. Deliver to multiple destinations in one step by creating a custom Bundle.
- Export a selected range in the Event Browser or the project timeline.
- RED camera support with native REDCODE RAW editing up to 5K and optional transcode to Apple ProRes 4444 or ProRes Proxy. Ability to adjust RAW images with debayer controls directly in Final Cut Pro.
- MXF plug-in support that allows you to work natively with MXF files from import through delivery using third-party plug-ins. This is ideal for importing archived media with custom metadata and exporting media with metadata to an asset management system.
- Dual viewers, each with a video scope display, let you compare shots to match action and color. Scopes include a vertical layout option so they can be displayed below the Viewer and the Event Viewer.
- Ability to add chapter markers in the timeline for export to video files, DVD, and Blu-ray disc, with an option for setting custom poster frames.
- Range selection now preserves start and end points on clips in the Event Browser. Use the Command key to create multiple range selections, even on a single clip.
- Paste attributes window lets you choose specific effects to copy between clips.
- Flexible Clip Connections allow you to keep Connected Clips in place by pressing the ` key when slipping, sliding or moving clips in the Primary Storyline.
- Add a freeze frame to your timeline with a single keystroke (Option-F).
- Apply a drop shadow effect with intuitive onscreen controls to adjust position, edge falloff, angle, and more.
- Combine audio from different angles within a Multicam Clip (Command-Option-click in the Angle Viewer).
- Compound Clip creation in the timeline now saves the clip in the Event Browser for re-use in other projects. Changes to the original Compound Clip will update all copies of that Compound Clip across projects. The Reference New Parent Clip command allows you to select any Compound Clip in the timeline and save a duplicate to an event in a single step.
- XML 1.2 features improved metadata import and export for richer integration with third-party apps.
- Blade All command allows the blade tool to cut across all storylines and connected clips in a single click. Press Shift while blading to blade all.
- Select a new default transition by Control-clicking on the thumbnail in the Transitions Browser and choosing Make Default. The default transition can be applied to any clip by pressing Command-T.
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.6 improves overall stability and performance, and adds these fixes:
- Background Rendering uses the GPU on the graphics card, enabling CPU-based processes like transcoding and proxy creation to continue uninterrupted while effects are rendering.
- Loop Play with Play Selection enabled will continuously loop playback while making adjustments in the Inspector.
- DSLRs and other cameras that use the Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) for data transfer will now appear in the Import window when directly connected to the computer.
- Improves system performance and smaller project sizes when working with Compound Clips.
- Clicking on a clip in the timeline selects the clip without moving the playhead. Option-clicking on a clip selects the clip and moves the playhead.
- Custom metadata views can be created and used as presets for exporting XML. Importing XML with custom metadata fields preserves data in Final Cut Pro.
- Ability to manually tag clips as anamorphic using the Anamorphic Override option in the Inspector.
- When duplicating an event or project where media resides on shared storage, only the links will be copied. This speeds up duplicating or moving events and projects to another editing station that is linked to the same shared media.
- Improves behavior when moving clips to different vertical positions in the timeline.
- Generators now support the 1.8:1 aspect ratio, which is used with a range of frame sizes.
- Video dissolves now default to the linear Video look instead of the Film look that includes some ease in and ease out.
- Ability to import SDII audio files.
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.5
- Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.5 improves overall stability and is enhanced for the MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012).
- Fixes an issue in which changes were not properly saved when working off a SAN.
- Improves performance when switching between projects on a SAN.
- Fixes an issue which could lead to Multicam Clips losing their Roles after relaunching Final Cut Pro X.
- Allows for YouTube uploads longer than 15 minutes.
- Correctly marks in and out points for spanned clips imported using the Sony Camera Import Plug-in PDZK-LT2.
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.4
- Improves image quality and responsiveness of broadcast monitoring with compatible third-party PCIe and Thunderbolt I/O devices.
- Improves performance of multicam syncing and editing.
- Adds language support for Simplified Chinese.
- Adds a Share option for 1080p video on compatible iOS devices.
Final Cut Pro version 10.0.4 also addresses the following issues:
- Assigns default audio channel setting for new projects to stereo.
- Includes multicam metadata in XML project export.
- Fixes an issue in which video superimposed over a background with an alpha channel could appear differently in Viewer before and after render.
- Fixes an issue that caused some titles to be rendered again after each application launch.
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.3
- Multicam editing with automatic sync and support for mixed formats, mixed frame rates, and up to 64 camera angles
- Advanced chroma keying with controls for color sampling and edge quality
- Media relink for manual reconnect of projects and Events to new media
- Ability to import and edit layered Photoshop graphics
- XML 1.1 with support for primary color grades, effect parameters, and audio keyframes
- Multiple improvements to the Color Board, including new key commands, editable numeric fields, and adjustable parameters that act like infinite sliders when dragged
- Ability to reorder color corrections in the Inspector
- Reveal in Event Browser shows clip range in the filmstrip while in List View
- Batch offset for clip date and time
- Ability to search text added to Favorite and Reject ranges
- Beta version of broadcast monitoring with third-party PCIe and Thunderbolt I/O devices
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.3 also improves overall stability and performance, and addresses the following issues:
- Improves performance when editing text in titles
- Improves performance when applying an effect from the Effect Browser
- Improves keyframing behavior in the Inspector, with keyframes automatically added when moving to a new point in time and adjusting a parameter
- Modifies transition behavior so that all newly added transitions use available media and maintain project length
- Fixes an issue which affected audio solo while skimming
- Resolves issues related to using Synchronize Clips with media containing a silent audio channel
- Fixes an issue in which constant speed retiming was not properly applied when using the Paste Effects command
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.2
- Fixes an issue in which a title may revert to the default font after restarting Final Cut Pro X
- Resolves an issue that could cause files recorded with certain third-party mobile devices to play back incorrectly
- Addresses a stability issue caused by changing the start time on a Compound Clip
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.1
- Export audio and video stems as a single multitrack QuickTime movie or as separate files using Roles
- Import and export XML to support third-party workflows
- Place Projects and Events on Xsan to improve collaboration between editors
- Set custom starting timecode for your projects
- Add transitions to connected clips in a single step
- Enable full-screen view in OS X Lion
- Speed up delivery with GPU-accelerated export
- Access the new Tribute theme, with four animated titles and a matching transition
This update also improves overall stability and performance, and addresses the following issues:
- Adds the ability to import DSLR video from Aperture and iPhoto libraries through the Photos Browser
- Adds the ability to eject camera cards while Final Cut Pro X is open
- Adds the ability to always use the startup volume or Time Machine volumes for media storage
- Improves audio syncing performance and ability to sync different frame sizes and frame rates
- Fixes an issue in which alpha channels in transitions were not properly preserved
- Resolves an issue that could cause titles to accidentally move in the timeline
- Improves the quality of video retiming when applying slow motion or when working with interlaced video
- Fixes an issue in which custom ICC color profiles affected the image in the Viewer
- Improves the performance and reliability of automatic saving