Clean your Beats
- Never wear earphones if the ear tips appear dirty. Keep your ear tips clean.
- Use a dry cleaning cloth to wipe away dust and oil. Don't use aerosol sprays, solvents or abrasives.
- Use a damp cloth with soap to clean headband cushions and sliders. Don't use a damp cloth on the ear cups or ear cup mesh – use a dry cleaning cloth instead.
Take care of your Beats
- Avoid exposing your Beats headphones or earphones to liquids or high humidity.
- To disconnect headphones or earphones from your music player, grasp the plug and pull. Never pull on the cable itself.
Store your Beats
- Store your headphones or earphones in the protective case that’s provided.
- Don’t store other items in the case.
- Store your Beats in a clean, dry place. Avoid storing them in direct sunlight or in extreme heat or cold.
Tips to avoid skin irritation
Here's how to avoid skin irritation, especially if you have allergies or skin sensitivities:
- Wear your Beats headphones and earphones with the right fit – see Wearing your AirPods, EarPods and Beats devices.
- After workouts with a Powerbeats product, or after your device has been exposed to liquids such as sweat, soap, shampoo, make-up, sun cream and lotions that can potentially cause skin irritations, clean and dry your device. Keeping your Beats headphones and earphones – as well as your skin – clean and dry will maximise comfort and prevent long-term damage to your device.
- If you have known allergies or sensitivities to certain substances, check the materials in Beats headphones and earphones.
Care for other Beats products