With AirDrop, you can start a Clips project on your iPhone, then finish it up on another iOS device. Or send a project to a friend so they can make their own edits. You can also send a copy of the project to your Mac to keep in your files.
Note that sending a Clips project is different from sharing a Clips video.
Before you begin
- Use the App Store to update to the latest version of Clips.
- Make sure that the device you're sending to is nearby and within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
- Make sure that the device you're sending to has AirDrop set to receive content.
- Give your project a name to make it easier to find after you share it: Tap the Clips project browser button . Tap a project, tap the more button , then tap Rename. Give the project a new name, then tap Save.
How to send a Clips project to another device
- Open Clips, then tap the project browser button .
- Tap the project that you want to share, then tap the share button .
- Tap Export Project. Clips gathers all the photos and videos that you used in the project into one editable file.
- Select a destination in the AirDrop section at the top of the share sheet. You can send to one of your other iOS devices, a friend's device, or a Mac. The Clips project sends as soon as you tap the destination.
When the Clips project is received by the second iOS device, the project opens in the Clips app. When you send a Clips project to a Mac, the project is saved in the Downloads folder.
If you can't send or the project doesn't open
If you have an issue sending your Clips project via AirDrop, try these steps:
- Make sure that both iOS devices are using the latest version of Clips.
- If you can't send the project because an item is missing, check the Recently Deleted folder in Photos. If you see the missing item, select it, then tap or click Recover. Clips automatically imports the missing file, then you can try sending again.
Find out more about creating and sharing a video with Clips on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.