In Messages, you can leave a group text at any time, as long as there are three other people on the thread. To leave a group text, all participants need to be using iMessage. Learn the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS.
How to leave a group text
- Go to the group text message that you want to leave.
- Tap the top of the conversation.
- Tap the Info button , then tap Leave this Conversation.
If you don't see the option to leave, it might mean one or more of the users isn't using a device with iMessage. You can't remove yourself from these group texts, but you can mute the conversation.
How to mute your messages
- Go to the group text message.
- Tap the top of the conversation, then tap the Info button .
- Turn on Hide Alerts.
You can also swipe left over the group text and tap the Alerts button , if the group text isn't pinned. When Hide Alerts is on, you'll find a crescent moon icon next to the conversation.
Hide Alerts stops notifications for a specific group text, not your device. You'll still receive all other messages and notifications on your Lock screen. Learn more about managing your notifications.