To use a personal Apple ID to create and edit managed iTunes U courses, your institution has to:
- Have an active Apple School Manager (ASM) organization.
- Create and provide Managed Apple IDs to instructors.
- Have an iTunes U public site.
Add a personal Apple ID as a contributor
Before you can add your personal Apple ID as a course contributor, follow these steps:
- Send a copy of each of your iTunes U courses to your Managed Apple ID.
- Sign into Course Manager or iTunes U for iOS, and accept the invitation with the Managed Apple ID.
- Link your iTunes U public site with your ASM organization.
- Invite (add) the personal Apple IDs of administrators or contributors in Public Site Manager to be course contributors on your managed iTunes U courses.
You can then invite your personal Apple ID as a course contributor. When your personal Apple ID is added as a course contributor, you can use it to teach courses that you created using ASM.