You can now edit the Class Name field for classes created manually or imported from SIS or SFTP.
All Managed Apple IDs now have 200GB of iCloud storage.
- Apps and Books in Apple School Manager now supports over 500 locations.
- Apps and Books in Apple School Manager includes several performance improvements for organizations that have a large number of locations, purchasers, or licenses.
- Improved App Product Review pages in Apps and Books in Apple School Manager.
- You can now submit feedback about Apple School Manager. From the top right corner, click your name, then select Provide Feedback from the menu.
You can now make purchases and transfer licenses in Apps and Books in Apple School Manager.
- MDM servers can now be set as default based on device type. For example, you can set one server as default for Mac and another as default for iPhone and iPad.
- When you create a CSV with sign-in information for accounts, the CSV now contains Person Number and Person ID columns.
- You can now see the classes that a student or instructor is in on the Accounts page.
- MDM Class Roster API now includes email address and SIS username for a given ASM user.
- ASM now names the Classes you manually create with a combination of the Class Number, Course Name, and/or Course Number.
- Temporary passwords are now valid for 90 days.
- When you create sign-ins for your students, you can now set the passcode to a specific value.
- You can now migrate VPP-only accounts into your Apple School Manager, even if you forgot to include them in your initial migration to Apple School Manager.
- Admins can now set the language and time zone that will be used in emails sent from Apple School Manager.
- You can now recreate previously deleted locations with the same location_id.
- New streamlined design and user interface.
- Support for PowerSchool 9.0 SIS integration.
- Introduced Activity view, which logs all actions including those that run in the background.
- Increase support for up to 5 Administrator accounts.
- Ability to delete unused and inactive accounts.
- Improved search and filtering for accounts and classes.
- Ability to apply Managed Apple ID format changes to existing users.
- Managed Apple ID format can now include a user's SIS username.
- Password reset emails are now localized.
- You can now assign up to 15 locations to a student or staff member, and up to 15 instructors to a class, when using SFTP to create users and classes.
- Infinite Campus SIS integration will now support multiple teachers per class.
- Users can view and update Managed Apple ID settings by logging into the Apple ID account page, iCloud Preferences in macOS, or iCloud Settings in iOS.
- When you create users via SFTP, you can now set the default password policy for students in the password_policy field of the Students CSV.
- Improved reliability and error reporting for SIS and SFTP connections.
- You no longer need a unique email address associated with a Managed Apple ID. You can use an email address that is already associated with an existing Apple ID.
- Administrators, Managers, and Instructors can change their personal information. To edit your account information, click your name in the upper right corner and choose My Profile.
- Students won't need to enter an additional 6-digit code when they log in with their Managed Apple ID on a Mac that belongs to the school.
- Administrators and Managers can redownload SFTP templates from the Location information tab.
- Link your iTunes U Public Site with Apple School Manager with the new iTunes U tab.
- When you create users via SFTP, you can now include the sis_username.
- When you create classes via SFTP, you can now specify up to three instructors.
- When you use SFTP, you can now upload semicolon-delimited CSV files.
- Updated template files for SFTP uploads to contain more example data. Learn how to use and upload the SFTP templates.
- You can now create a class using SFTP or your SIS with no instructors attached to it. If there aren't any instructors, students must be attached to that class. There can't be a class that doesn't have any instructors nor students.
- Students created using SFTP now inherit the default password policy for the location they're assigned to. Learn about the password_policy field in the Students CSV.
This feature was updated in December 2016.
- Resolved issues with saving changes to your location name.
- Apple School Manager now provides you a list of which users were created without an associated email address.
- Within the Location information tab, Administrators, Site Managers, People Managers, and any Manager at Headquarters can now see a history of student accounts that have been inspected.
- Locations can now be deleted if no staff, students, and classes are attached to them.
- Setup Assistant (Step 3) displays an improved estimate of time to create Managed Apple IDs.
- Improved reporting of SFTP connection errors.
- When you email usernames and passwords in bulk, all recipients successfully receive their credentials.
- Support for Infinite Campus version 1629 or later.
- Managed Apple IDs can now be generated by uploading CSV files via SFTP. This replaced manual uploads in the Apple School Manager portal.
- New CSV templates based on common SIS export options.
- SFTP connection status indicated in Apple School Manager.
- Additional options to customize Managed Apple ID formats by adding separators or text between tokens.
- Support for organizations with more than 50,000 Managed Apple IDs.
- Administrators and Managers can now reset the verification phone numbers for the users they manage.
- 'New' and 'Active' badges in Apple School Manager help identify users who have not yet logged into their account.
- Improvements to Roles UI to clarify account privileges.