Download apps on your Apple Watch
When you set up your Apple Watch, you get the choice to install all your apps now or later. If you choose Install All, any apps on your iPhone that are compatible with Apple Watch will install.
To add a new app to your Apple Watch, download it on your iPhone first. Then you can add it to your watch. Here's how to find apps that are compatible with your Apple Watch:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the App Store tab.
- Browse for apps. When you find one that you want, purchase or get it. App purchases automatically install when Automatic App Install is turned on. If an app doesn't automatically install, you might need to manually add it to your Apple Watch.
WatchKit 1 or watchOS 1 apps aren't supported by watchOS 5.
Add or remove apps on your Apple Watch
Here's how to remove third-party apps from your Apple Watch:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
- Scroll to the app that you want to add or remove. Apps that you can install appear in the Available Apps section. Apps that you already installed appear in the Installed on Apple Watch section.
- To add an app to your Apple Watch, tap Install.
- To remove an app, tap it, then turn off Show App on Apple Watch.
Here's how to remove built-in apps.
Update apps on your Apple Watch
Any updates to apps on your iPhone, or any future app purchases, will also automatically install when Automatic App Install is turned on. Here's how to turn this feature on or off:
- Open the Apple Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap General, then turn Automatic App Install on or off.