Stream video from your iPhone or iPad to a TV or Mac
- Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay-compatible smart TV, or Mac.
- Find the video that you want to stream.
- Tap AirPlay . In some apps, you might need to tap a different button first.1 For example, in the Photos app, tap Share , then tap AirPlay .
- Choose your TV or Mac from the list.
To stop streaming, tap AirPlay in the app that you're streaming from, then tap your iPhone or iPad from the list.
If video automatically streams to an AirPlay device
Your device might automatically stream video to the Apple TV, AirPlay-compatible smart TV, or Mac that you frequently use. If you open a video app and see in the upper-left corner, then an AirPlay device is already selected.
To use AirPlay with a different device, tap , then tap another device. Or tap again to stop streaming with AirPlay.
Mirror your iPhone or iPad to a TV or Mac
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV, AirPlay-compatible smart TV, or Mac.2
- Open Control Center:
- On iPhone X or later or iPad with iPadOS 13 or later: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On iPhone 8 or earlier or iOS 11 or earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
- Tap Screen Mirroring .
- Select your TV or Mac from the list.
- If an AirPlay passcode appears on your TV screen or Mac, enter the passcode on your iPhone or iPad.
To stop mirroring your iPhone or iPad, open Control Center, tap Screen Mirroring, then tap Stop Mirroring. Or press the Menu button on your Apple TV Remote.
- Some video apps might not support AirPlay. If you can’t use AirPlay with a video app, check the App Store on your Apple TV to see if that app is available.
- Find out which macOS versions and Mac models are compatible with AirPlay to Mac and learn how to set up your Mac to be an AirPlay receiver.