When we replace your device instead of repairing it, we’ll automatically transfer your plan to your new device. If transfer of coverage isn’t possible, we’ll offer other options.
Here’s what you need
- The AppleCare agreement number. Sign in to My Support and look under the device.
- The serial number of the device your AppleCare plan currently covers
- The new device’s serial number
- Your original sales receipt for your AppleCare plan and both devices
If you're transferring your AppleCare plan to another person, we also need to know if you bought the device from Apple or a reseller and the new owner’s name and address.
Check your coverage
Submit your request
If your country or region allows transfer of your AppleCare plan, contact us to start the process. Choose how to reach us:
- Contact us online
- Call Apple support and say “I need help with an AppleCare product transfer.”
- Send a letter through the mail and include the following:
- The AppleCare agreement number
- Copies of all sales receipts
- The serial number for your Apple device
- Your telephone number, email and mailing address
United States and Canada:
ATTN: Agreement Administration
2511 Laguna Blvd
Elk Grove, CA 95758
Zip Code: 106-6140
Apple Mail Center
Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
All other regions:
- See the AppleCare product terms and conditions for your country or region of residence.