Adjust VoiceOver voices
Enhanced-quality voices can be 100 MB or larger. Connect your device to Wi-Fi to download and install one of these voices.
With VoiceOver, you can turn on more than one voice, switch between Default and Enhanced Quality (without needing to download the voice again), and change the speaking rate for each voice. To adjust the voices:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver and tap Speech.
- Tap Add New Language.
- Tap the language and dialect that you want. This will take you back to the Speech screen.
- Tap Voice, then tap the voice that you want to use.
- Choose either Default or Enhanced Quality. If you choose Enhanced Quality, the voice hasn't been downloaded yet, and your device is on a Wi-Fi network, the voice will start to download.
Adjust speaking rate
To adjust the speaking rate:
- Go to Settings and tap Accessibility.
- Tap Spoken Content.
- Use the slider for Speaking Rate to adjust the speed.
Choose a voice for Speak Screen and Speak Selection
- Go to Settings > Accessibility and tap Spoken Content.
- Turn on Speak Selection or Speak Screen, or both.
- Select Voices.
- Choose the voice and dialect that you want Speak Screen and Speak Selection to use.
Remove a downloaded voice
You can't delete the Siri voices for your country or region. You can change the language and country or region settings to delete some Siri voices, but at least one of the Siri voices for your country or region will download automatically.
You can remove enhanced-quality voices and voices you have downloaded. Here's how:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > VoiceOver and tap Spoken Content.
- Tap Voice, then tap the voice that you want to remove.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap , then tap Delete. Or swipe left to delete.