Before you begin
If you’re setting up your device for the first time after June 23, 2020, your eSIM will be activated after setup and you don’t need to follow these steps. Contact your carrier if you don’t have eSIM enabled. For devices set up before this date, follow the steps below to activate your eSIM. These steps require you to erase your device, so make sure that you back up your device before proceeding.
Activate your eSIM
- Before you begin, back up your device.
- Tap Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- If asked, enter your passcode or Apple ID password*. Then confirm that you want to erase your device.
- After erase is complete, set up your device. Now you can set up an eSIM on your iPhone or iPad.
If you need more help, contact Apple Support.
Register your IMEI
The Information and Communication Technologies Authority (BTK) in Turkey requires that IMEIs be registered after 120 days in Turkey. To register your IMEI, go to the e-government website of the Republic of Turkey and complete the form. If you don't register, you'll get an alert from BTK saying that your IMEI isn't registered. The status bar on your iPhone or iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular) will show No Service and you'll have no access to mobile networks in Turkey.
Learn more at BTK frequently asked questions.