How to make your iPad keyboard smaller
- Open an app that uses the iPadOS keyboard — like Notes or Messages.
- Use two fingers to pinch the keyboard inward to make it smaller.
- Touch and hold the gray line to move the keyboard on your screen.
To use QuickPath to type with one hand, just swipe your finger from letter to letter to spell the words that you want to use.
How to make your iPad keyboard full size
- Place two fingers on the floating keyboard.
- Spread your fingers apart to enlarge the keyboard back to full size.