Before you begin
- On both devices, turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. If either device has Personal Hotspot on, turn it off.
- Make sure your Apple ID is added to the other person's Contacts app.
- Keep the other person's device nearby, within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
- Make sure both devices have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, or macOS High Sierra or later.
How to share your Wi-Fi password
- Make sure that your device (the one sharing the password) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect.
- On your device, tap Share Password, then tap Done.
Still need help?
If you still can't share your Wi-Fi password, try these steps, testing after each step:
- If you don't see the setup animation, restart both devices and try again.
- If you still can't share your Wi-Fi password, have the other person enter the password manually.