- Make sure that your iPad has the latest version of iOS.
- To use Split View, you need an iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation and later), iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 4.
Use Split View in Safari
- Put your iPad in landscape mode.
- Open Safari.
- To see two webpages at the same time, do one of the following:
- Open a link in Split View: Touch and hold the link, then tap Open in Split View.
- Open a blank page in Split View: Touch and hold , then tap Open Split View.
- Open a link on the other side of Split View: Tap with two fingers on the link.
- Move a tab to the other side of Split View: Drag the tab left or right in the Split View.
To leave Split View, touch and hold , then tap Merge All Tabs or Close All [number] Tabs. You can also tap to close tabs individually and leave Split View.
Learn more about Split View and other Multitasking features on your iPad.