Press or rotate the Digital Crown
- Press to see the watch face or Home screen.
- Double-click to return to the last app.
- Press and hold to use Siri.
- Turn to zoom, scroll, or adjust what's on the screen.
- Press and hold to unlock the screen after a water workout.
Learn about water resistance on your Apple Watch.
Press the side button
- Press to show or hide the Dock.
- Press and hold to use Emergency SOS.
- Double-click to use Apple Pay.
- Press and hold to turn your watch on or off.
If you have Apple Watch Ultra, you can customize the Action button to access your favorite features quickly.
Glance at your Apple Watch screen
With Apple Watch Series 5 or later, you can glance at your screen any time with the Always On feature. If you have an earlier Apple Watch model, or if you don't use Always On, raise your wrist to turn on the display.
You can also wake your screen gradually to keep its brightness low in places such as movie theaters. Turn the Digital Crown slowly to wake the screen, then turn it the other way to put the screen back to sleep.
You can use gestures to interact with your Apple Watch. Your watch performs different functions when you tap its screen or press it for a longer time.
Tap the screen to select a button or item. On Apple Watch models with Always On, a tap brings the screen to full brightness.
Tap and hold
Tap the screen and keep your finger in place to change the watch face, see options in an app, and more.
Drag your finger across the screen to scroll or adjust a slider.
Swipe up, down, left, or right to see different screens.