Choose who can AirPlay to your Apple TV
Go to Settings > AirPlay. From here, you can turn AirPlay on or off. You can also choose who can AirPlay to your Apple TV:
- Everyone: Anyone can see and AirPlay to your Apple TV.
- Anyone on the Same Network: Anyone connected to your home Wi-Fi network can AirPlay to your Apple TV.
- Only People Sharing This Home: People that you invite to control your home in the Home app can AirPlay to your Apple TV.
- Require Password: A password will be required before anyone can AirPlay to your Apple TV.
Change the name and room of your Apple TV
Give your Apple TV a name so you can easily identify it when you use AirPlay. Just go to Settings > General > About > and select Name to change it.
To change the name of an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), go to Settings > General > Name.
You can also add Apple TV to a room in the Home app to stream content with AirPlay 2. On your Apple TV, go to Settings > AirPlay > Room and choose a room.
Learn more about adding and managing speakers in the Home app.
Use Conference Room Display
Conference Room Display shows instructions for how to connect to Apple TV through AirPlay. Then everyone in the room can learn how to project the screen of their AirPlay-enabled device to the display connected to the Apple TV.
Here's how to turn on Conference Room Display:
- Make sure that your Apple TV has the latest version of tvOS.
- Go to Settings > AirPlay > Conference Room Display.
- Turn on Conference Room Display.
Require a PIN to use AirPlay
Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD requires you to enter a PIN displayed on your television the first time that you AirPlay from another Apple device. To require a PIN every time you use AirPlay, go to Settings > AirPlay > Conference Room Display and turn on Require PIN Every Time.
If your Apple TV has tvOS 11.2 or earlier, go to Settings > AirPlay > AirPlay, select Require Code under Security, then choose when you want to require a code to use AirPlay.
Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) don’t require a code, unless you enable Require Device Verification.
Set up Device Verification for Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)
To set up a requirement for a one-time onscreen passcode for all AirPlay enabled devices, go to Settings > AirPlay > Security and turn on Require Device Verification.